Escondido is a city in San Diego County, California. It's known for its natural beauty and outdoor activities, which are perfect for exploring with friends or family.
The city was founded in 1869 by Alonzo Welby, who named it after his hometown of Escondido, New Mexico. Since then, it has grown into one of Southern California's largest cities--with over 100 neighborhoods within its borders!
- Daley Ranch
Daley Ranch is a 2,300 acre open space preserve that offers hiking, biking and equestrian trails. There are also picnic areas available for those who want to spend the day outdoors with family or friends.
- Lake Wohlford
Lake Wohlford is one of Escondido's most popular lakes for swimming and boating activities like kayaking. It also offers fishing and hiking trails if you're looking for something more relaxing than swimming!
- Dixon Lake Park is another great place to visit if you want some fresh air while spending time outdoors with your family or friends! This park has plenty of space so everyone can have fun without feeling crowded at all!
California Center for the Arts
The California Center for the Arts is a performing arts center in Escondido that hosts concerts, theater productions and other events. The facility also features an art gallery with rotating exhibits from local artists.
California History Center
Located at 849 South Kalmia Street, this museum offers visitors an opportunity to learn about Escondido's history through artifacts, photographs and more than 1 million documents related to local history. It's open Tuesday through Saturday from 10:00 AM until 4:00 PM (closed on major holidays).
Shopping & Dining
- Old Escondido Historic District
The Old Escondido Historic District is a collection of quaint shops, restaurants and galleries that have been around for decades. Located in the heart of downtown, this area is perfect for those looking to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city while still being able to experience it all. Some notable shops include:
- Grand Avenue
Grand Avenue is known as one of San Diego's most popular shopping destinations because it offers some of the best shopping experiences in town! If you're looking for an upscale experience without having to leave Escondido (or drive far), then this place is perfect for you! Some notable stores include:
- Westfield North County Mall - This mall has everything from high-end designer stores like Louis Vuitton & Gucci; high-end boutiques such as Tory Burch & Alexander McQueen; specialty stores like Sephora & MAC Cosmetics; plus many more options available here including restaurants & theaters!
Parks & Recreation
- Kit Carson Park
- Grape Day Park
- Daley Ranch
Entertainment & Nightlife
- Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens
The city's most popular brewery, Stone Brewing offers a wide range of craft beers and great food in an outdoor setting. The bistro is located in Escondido's historic downtown district and features live music every night. You can also take a tour of the brewery if you're interested in learning more about how beer is made!
- Coyote Bar & Grill
This local favorite serves up American classics like burgers, wings, salads and sandwiches at affordable prices--plus it has an excellent happy hour with discounted drinks from 3:00pm-6:00pm daily! Their outdoor patio makes for an ideal spot to enjoy some drinks after work on Fridays or Saturdays when live music plays throughout the evening (starting at 7:00pm). If you're looking for something more casual than what's offered by other restaurants nearby then this place will definitely fit your bill nicely!
Events & Festivals
- The Escondido Tamale Festival is a fun, family-friendly event that celebrates the city's heritage. It takes place in early December and features live music, arts and crafts booths, carnival rides and more.
- Cruisin' Grand is an annual classic car show held each July at Escondido's historic Grape Day Park. You can see hundreds of classic cars on display during this two-day event; if you like old cars (and who doesn't?), this is definitely worth checking out!
- Escondido ArtWalk is another great way to enjoy local art while supporting local businesses: Every first Friday from 6 p.m.-9 p.m., participating galleries will offer special events such as live music performances or food trucks parked outside so that visitors can enjoy themselves while browsing through their collections
Family Friendly Attractions
The Wave Waterpark
If you're looking for a fun day out with the kids, The Wave Waterpark is a great choice. This waterpark has everything from slides to pools to lazy rivers and more! You can even get in on some of the action yourself with their wave pool or surf simulator. San Diego Zoo Safari Park
San Diego Zoo Safari Park is one of the most popular attractions in Escondido. It's known for being home to over 4,000 animals from around the world including elephants, lions and giraffes! It's also got an awesome safari ride where you get up close with some of these amazing creatures - definitely worth checking out if you love animals! San Diego Children's Discovery Museum
The San Diego Children's Discovery Museum has something for everyone: art exhibits; science experiments; interactive games...the list goes on! There are several different areas within this museum so there should be something here no matter what kind of kid (or adult) comes along with you on your visit - whether they're into dinosaurs or outer space exploration...this place has it all!